
What is in a name???? Whenever we get a new puppy for Guide Dogs for the Blind we always see if we can guess the name before they get here. I always offer a prize ... but I don't think anyone has EVER been ever to guess one yet. But this one I'm sure we would have never came up with. Let's see if I can remember some of the names we guessed:
Scott said Nellie. Kate and John had a list, but Namby Pamby was their first choice. Melissa said Nala, while Amy and John guessed Nevada, Nelly, but Amy loved Nibbles etc, etc, etc. I personally was hoping for Natalya or Nadia .... BUT it never works out the way I think it should!
IT IS NIGELLA!!!! Now why didn't we think of that????!!!??? Named after a famous British food critic (female). She's on the food channel I guess all the time, but since I get to cook all the time, I don't really watch the food channel. The name comes from Nigella Lawson's combination of her fathers name, Nigel, and her mothers name Vanessa. Personally I think Nanessa would have been a better choice! I think Nigella sounds like something we saw in high school biology when we looked at swamp water under the microscope:(
But let me tell you she is a cutie. And here she is!
So of Bevy, Jean, Belinda, Amelia, Hailey, Violet, Adele, Thistle, Mollie, Dora, and Elena I think maybe Nigella is the most original (but Thistle was in the running also!)
I would've guessed Nigella. Looks like a sweet puppy!!
ReplyDelete