Tuesday, January 3, 2012
January thaw....
We've been experiencing a reprieve from the frigid cold and have had temperatures in the upper thirties and even into the forties!!!! This is extremely warm for our part of the cold rocky mountains in January! So warm that my riding friend and I decided "Get those horses out!" Two days in a row we have been out in the foothills. And those same horses have shown us that they are raring' to go. Yesterday "Miss Maddie" refused to do anything but trotting and came home all lathered up (not such a good thing in cold weather). Today she was much calmer but she slipped in the mud and went all the way down, sending me over her right shoulder onto the ground and right in front of Sharidean's horse, Mr. Mator (the little red tow truck). This was a first for Miss Maddie and I. But as Sharidean said..."well at least you had a soft landing"...mud and dry winter grass. If only I would have had a video!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment