Saturday, June 20, 2009

Doggie Midwifery




Since Tuesday, Scott and I have been "puppy sitting" a friend's VERY PREGNANT BICHON, named Jaz. We knew she was expected to probably deliver sometime while the Flint family was at a wedding in Oregon. This was to be our first experience in Doggie Midwifery! I was imagining every thing possible that could go WRONG ... especially after talking with our daughter, Melissa. But I had to breath deep and say to myself ... "dogs have been doing this on their own for eons of time ... mothering instincts should kick in" ... and DID THEY EVER! AMAZING!!! There are five of them and they are Cavachons. A cross between a Bichon and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. (You know ... one of those designer breeds!) If you look them up on the web you can see how darling they are, but right now they look a little like newborn kittens. And we are sooooo bonded! This pictures is of a "big tummied Jaz", day before delievery. How many will there be?????

No comments:

Post a Comment