Friday, June 26, 2009

Thousand Peaks Ranch in the Uinta Mountains



Valerie wants to know if there is any similarity?






My favorite picture of the "Quakies".




Good friends, beautiful scenery, lots of talking, strenous exercise hiking, laughter, games, oh and did a mention a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL landscape. That's what I was able to experience this week when I was asked if I wanted to go to Amy and Karl White's cabin at the Thousand Peaks Ranch with Amy, Valerie and Joleene. I just wish these pictures really portrayed the grandeur of the place. With all the spring rains the water was pouring off the steep Uinta Mountains, allowing the beaver population to build ponds to reflect the pine trees and blue sky. With friends like these it was two days of bliss! At eight to ten thousand feet above sea level, it is a sheep ranch where during the summer months they graze around 15,000 sheep. The Quaking Aspen were so gorgeous with their white tree trunks agains green, green everywhere.








I am so blessed with great people in my life whom I've learned so much from!








The beaver have cut down another one!












We tried to catch them (the furry friends) in action, but we were probably too loud ... something that is not unusual for four women "out on excursion!"







No comments:

Post a Comment